Wednesday, June 10, 2009

We're Accepting the Challenge!

Yesterday, Michael Ruhlman posted a challenge on his blog: Make a BLT from scratch. You have to grow your own lettuce and tomatoes, cure your own prosciutto and make your own bread. When you've done all of that take a picture of it. If you haven't read the rules you can get them here.

I've already got the tomatoes going, but now I'm going to have to get some lettuce started. I've never grown lettuce, made bread, or cured meat. Will I win? Probably not, but I think this is going to be a lot of fun.

Since yesterday the contest has sort of morphed into about 3 or 4 categories. I think there's going to be something for everyone. What a great idea.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! Thanks for sharing, and I'll look forward to seeing the final creation.

    ReplyDelete