Sunday, March 29, 2009

Famous Dave's BBQ

Make sure to check here for more Cleveland posts

I typically don't have much reason to go to North Olmsted, but Saturday I was going to a poker tournament in that neck of the woods. I figured I'd try out Famous Dave's since I was going to be in the area.

I had heard good things from those who lived in the area. I pulled into the parking lot at 5:30 and it was absolutely packed. When I walked in, I bypassed the waiting crowd (yes, waiting at 5:30) and went straight to the bar.

The menu is pretty extensive with seemingly something for everyone. I decided to go with the chopped pork with fries, cole slaw, and corn bread. The chopped pork reminded me of one I had at Huli Sue's on the Big Island. I liked it. I also thought the sides were very good. I like Rotuno's meat better, but the sides at Famous Dave's are superior.

I normally am not a big corn bread fan, but this stuff was very moist. I loved it. While it probably isn't what you would consider traditional, Famous Dave's makes it in muffin form. Very good.

Expect a wait. This is a restaurant was surprisingly large, yet had a waiting list at 5:30 in the afternoon. Food is very good and the prices are, too. If there's a recession going on you wouldn't know it by walking in here.

Famous Dave's
26410 Great Northern Shop Ctr
North Olmsted, OH 44070
(440) 777-0200
www.famousdaves.com

Famous Dave's on Urbanspoon

3 comments:

  1. North Olmstead. That's a town I haven't heard a reference to in a while. I moved to Pittsburgh many years ago for school (and never came back).

    Anyway, they have (or had) a Famous Dave's up here in the North Hills, and I always wanted to give it a try. When I finally made a point to stop by, they were all closed up. I wonder if the two are related.

    Perhaps there's hope for me to give them a chance at some point (and visit friends from way back when all in one fell swoop).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's highly likely that the two are (were) related. I'm down in Augusta, GA right now and there is a Famous Dave's right near the club on Washington Road. It's a fairly large chain, if I'm not mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I work in the North Olmsted branch we are not related to any of these chains.

    ReplyDelete