Monday, October 3, 2011

Bangkok Thai Cuisine

The two of us are certainly fans of Thai. While I can't say that we are necessarily aficionados of the cuisine, I can say that we do enjoy eating it. On the whole, I think for the most part, Thai places do a good job at what they do. That being said, I don't think there is a vast departure between what is being done at one place versus the other. For me it essentially comes down to the value, cleanliness, and service at a given place that sets it apart from its other competitors.

We stopped in at Bangkok Thai Cuisine because we've heard nothing but good things about it - not just good things, but raves reviews. I am always a sucker for the impassioned testimonial, no matter how skeptical I am, if someone lights up at the mention of eating at resto, well, I'll take the bait. I've got to try it - at least once.

BTC overcomes the drab exterior of the building, with a modest yet comfortable dining room. The decoration is tastefully Thai without having some of the kitsch you get with other places. A mix of booths as well as tables for larger parties can be found throughout.

Crazy Noodles with Pork
(Looks appetizing, doesn't it?)

 Intrigued by the name if nothing else, I went with the Crazy Noodles with pork ordered hot & spicy($10.95). These were basically flat noodles stir fried with Thai chili sauce, pork, and your typical Thai veggies. For all the spice mongers out there, if you order hot & spicy it has about the same amount of heat you would expect from sriracha. It's not on the level of lip numbing, tear making Szechuan peppercorns, but there is a decent amount of heat. Luckily, if that isn't hot enough for you, there is their "Very Hot & Spicy", although I haven't had it. Please comment if you have - inquiring minds want to know. The dish overall was very balanced (and ample). It reheated quite nicely for lunch the next day.

Regina had the Shrimp Himaparn ($13.95). Her dish was a stir fry of shrimp, cashews, peppers, mushroom, sweet chili sauce, and Thai veggies. Again, just a solid, plentiful entree. We rounded everything out with an order of the Pineapple Fried Rice ($8.95). Hawai'i has pretty much ruined pineapple for me. For the life of me I don't know why order stuff with the non-Hawaiian variety. Despite my snobby pineapple ways, this too was nicely done.

For what it's worth,I have it on good advice from a vegetarian friend, that the Vegetarian Rainbow is her favorite.

 Thai Beer

Bangkok Thai Cuisine pretty much backs up the rave reviews it gets from its customers. They offer a variety of wines and decent selection of Thai, Chinese, and domestic beers. Their service is friendly and not only speaks good English, but is very adept at tailoring a dish to your likes and dislikes. The prices are in line with what you would expect to pay for Thai, and the food comes out quickly, so tables turnover rather quickly. I think this little hole-in-the-wall offers very good food at a solid value. 

Bangkok Thai Cuisine
5359 Mayfield Road
Lyndhurst, Ohio 44124
(440) 684-1982

Bangkok Thai Cuisine on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment