Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Hawai'i: A Saigon Cafe (The Restaurant without a Sign)

Clay Pot Pork

This picture was taken in Wailuku, Maui, so I don't really expect any of you to hop on a plane and head here, but I need some help. A Saigon Cafe makes this absolutely killer dish called Clay Pot Pork. You can order it in a number of different spice levels (I get the hot), but it is one hell of a fantastic bowl of meat. My question is: Does anyone make something like this in Cleveland?

I think the restaurant as a whole is relatively comfortable and clean. It's certainly not fancy, but isn't dirty either. The waitstaff tells well rehearsed jokes. (If they were delivered by anyone else they wouldn't elicit so much as a giggle, but these guys get away with it.) During our last visit everything else we ordered here was middling, but this Clay Pot Pork keeps me coming back. Here is a more in depth review from a few years ago. I think it makes for a great lunch place, since the prices are a little lower and the portions are about right. If you come for dinner, you might find that it probably isn't as good a value and might walk away disappointed.

If anyone can help out with a rec here in Cleveland on where I could find this little monster, I'd greatly appreciate it.

A Saigon Cafe
1792 Main Street
Wailuku, HI 96793

(808) 243-9560


A Saigon Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment