Friday, February 6, 2009

Pearl of the Orient

We didn't really feel like going too far from home for dinner so we decided to go to Pearl of the Orient in Shaker Heights.

We had been here some time ago and as I recall it was above average Chinese. The one thing that really strikes you when you walk through the door is the interior. I think the decor is the most tasteful of any purely Chinese restaurant I've ever been in.

We ordered the Shrimp Fried Rice, Kung Pao Chicken, and the Twice Cooked Pork with hoison, pineapple, and onion. My favorite was the pork. It's basically a pork tenderloin battered and then sliced and tossed with onion and pineapple. I thought the crispiness of the pork combined with the sauce was awesome.

I always enjoy supporting the Cleveland Independents. One thing I saw on the menu that was interesting is that they have "Retro Mondays" where they offer $5 dishes. Pearl of the Orient has many of the Chinese favorites as well as some Thai offerings.

With the exception of Sun Luck Garden, I think Pearl of the Orient is one of the best Chinese restaurants I've been to in Cleveland.

Pearl of the Orient
20121 Van Aken Blvd
Shaker Heights, OH 44122
(216) 751-8181
www.pearl-east.com

Pearl of the Orient on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment