Monday, February 16, 2009

La Bodega

Since I was going down to Tremont to pick up cupcakes at A Cookie and a Cupcake I figured I might as well grab lunch while I was down there. My brother-in-law had good things to say about past experiences at La Bodega. I’m always game for all things good, especially when they have to do with food.

After the cupcake pickup I headed over there. Located caddy corner to Tremont School, the sandwich shop is half kitchen and half dining area. The dining area has about 6 or 7 tables in it with a couple of two tops and four or five 4 tops.

Usually when I go into a place for the first time, especially in Cleveland, I’ll just ask for the best thing on the menu. My reasoning is that if that sucks then I will most likely not return.

In this case the best (or most popular) is the #45 Southwestern Sub with turkey, bacon, jalapeno peppers, colored peppers, tomato, onion, spices, hot sauce, cajun mayo, jack cheese, served with a bag of chips. If you like spicy things this thing is pretty long on flavor.

The night before, Regina and I were talking about the importance of bread when it comes to the making of a great sandwich. How important do you think the bread is when it comes to a great sandwich? Does it account for 50% of a good sandwich? Maybe the question can be posed like this: What would you rather have awesome meats and condiments on average bread, or vice versa? I don’t know, I probably want the better bread.

On the subject of bread, La Bodega has a thin crusty French bread roll that they use. It’s not an artisinal kind of bread, but one that kind of reminds me a little bit of Mr. Hero. At any rate, I think it’s a winner.

At the end of the day there are over 60 kinds of sandwiches offered on nine different kinds of bread. No matter what your preference I have to believe that there’s something for everyone at La Bodega.

La Bodega
869 Jefferson Ave
Cleveland, OH 44113
(216) 621-7075
www.labodega-tremont.com

La Bodega on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment