Saturday, July 19, 2008

Just a couple of things before I forget

Texas Cattle Company
While I was driving out to Kirtland Country Club on Friday I saw that fire trucks at the scene of a fire. The building in question was the Texas Cattle Company. I can't say that I've ever eaten at this establishment nor do I think it's a good idea to eat at places with the name of a state that differs from the state the restaurant is actually in. At any rate, I was talking to a guy at the KCC and he said that this was the third fire at Texas Cattle Co. in the last eighteen months. He told me to read the sign on the front of the restaurant when went home. As I drove past the smoldering building I looked at the sign and it read: Texas Cattle Company "Where There's Smoke There's Fire". How's that for irony?

White Flower Bakery
I had heard back in the spring that White Flower Bakery in Beachwood had been in a competition on Food Network. Well, Sunday night at 8:00pm their competition is going to air. Hopefully they will pick up where Michael Symon left off. Good luck, girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment