Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Cleveland: Rockside Thai Gourmet

A vegan friend of mine have made a point of meeting for lunch every Wednesday. The vegan consideration requires a little bit of forethought, but not as much as one might think. He works in Independence, I in Brooklyn Hts, so there is not shortage of places for us to try. Since it was Ash Wednesday, I was also looking for at least a meatless option. Rockside Thai Gourmet would be our destination.


Decor and Space 4/5
A fairly small space but for what I'll call "American Thai", it was very modern, clean, and comfortable. Not quite on the level of Ty Fun Thai Bistro, but close. Mostly two and four tops. The close quarters doesn't lend itself to high chairs/strollers. Not your typical Asian restaurant decoration.

Food 3/5
No judgements please - I had the 'spicy' Pad Thai (my friend had the same thing only vegan). It's a kind of measuring stick, I guess. The spice level was "American spicy". I'm sure if you ask for "Thai spicy" they will be happy to accommodate you. My friend was actually telling me about a place that was putting that very description of the spice level on their menus (good idea). Servings are not overboard.

Service 4/5
No complaints. Prompt. Professional. Attentive.

Overall 3.5/5
As far as these kinds of places go, I think it's one of the better ones. Very similar to Charm Thai in Seven Hills. If you're looking for authenticity - go someplace else. If you're okay with the American idea of Thai, then it's certainly worth a try. Hey that rhymes!

Rockside Thai Gourmet
6901 Rockside Rd
Independence, OH 44131
(216) 986-2828

Rockside Thai Gourmet on Urbanspoon



No comments:

Post a Comment