Friday, December 26, 2008

Next Week's Intervention: I'm Addicted to Sugared Nuts

I think everyone can make the claim that there is one or two things they find impossible to stop eating during the holidays. Whether it's Aunt Carol's sugar cookies or Grandma's meatloaf, I think everyone has their own caloric kryptonite. For me it's a recipe from a lady at Regina's work for Sugared Nuts. These things are great to have around for holiday gatherings (unless you're diabetic or trying to lose weight). The best part is you never have to worry about throwing them out after everyone has gone home. Guests typically leave behind an empty dish.

Sugared Nuts
by Tricia Klonokowski
  • 1# total of shelled pecans and (or) walnuts
  • 3 egg whites
  • 1 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 stick of Salted Butter
  1. Melt the stick of butter on a 9x13 cookie sheet
  2. Beat egg whites until they hold stiff peaks
  3. Sprinkle sugar over the egg whites
  4. Fold in nuts
  5. Pour on cookie sheet and spread melted butter evenly over nuts
  6. bake at 350, turning the nuts every 10 minutes to prevent burning for a total of 30 minutes

3 comments:

  1. MMM, can't wait to try this recipe! I know my kids and I are going to love it! Thanks for sharing it!

    Happy 2009!
    ~ingrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you would ever be interested in becoming a featured publisher with Foodbuzz.com? If so please conctact me at lizstambaugh@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I'd be addicted too! Yum!

    ReplyDelete