Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Very Bittersweet Day For Me

I wasn't alive when Pearl Harbor took place or when JFK was shot. That moment for me (and the rest of America) was September 11th, 2001. I just remember thinking what a beautiful day it was when I left for work that morning. Little did I know it would be the first time I ever cried watching the news. To this day I still can't believe it ever happened.

I took the horror of that day and decided to go back to school. That was the day I decided to get a job that I really wanted to do.I went from making good money; to working for $7 an hour and taking classes. Within a couple of years I graduated OSU (again) and got an absolute dream job. Today I have this happiness because of one single horrific day in American history. Not a day goes by that I don't think about those people. In fact, I have a framed picture of the one on the left that reminds me not to take today for granted. It hangs in the hallway so I see it when I get out of the bathroom every morning.

God bless the souls of all those that lost their lives and the families and friends that were impacted by their departure.

If you click on the picture it should take you to the Here Is New York website. They have what I consider to be the most compelling photos of this ordeal. Proceeds from the photo sales go to charity.

No comments:

Post a Comment