Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie
She's more of the soft and chewy type. Me? I fall under the billy goat category. Put a cookie - any cookie - in front of me and I'll happily eat it. I can say that as far as billy goats are concerned this is certainly on the high end of the scale for quality c-chip cookies. Click here for the link to the recipe.
A few notes from the cook:
- A smaller scoop yielding about a 50g ball of dough seems to be the ideal size.
- Parchment was used instead of a Silpat. I don't know exactly what is but sometimes a Silpat works better for some cookies, and for other cookies it's the other way around.
- Sprinkle a high quality fleur de sel. just as you pull them from the oven. It adds a little extra oomph to the flavor of the cookie. She used Le Saunier de Camargue which looks like it was just made by the ocean. It has kind of an irregular look to it that separates it from most sea salts you see. .
- Two types of chocolate (58% and 64%) were used. For these, the best "cheap" chocolate was used - Peters from Fantasy Candies. If funds allow for it, use decent chocolate, you'll thank me later.
- Normally cooking times vary from oven to oven, but these were taken out (turning halfway through) at exactly 15 minutes and they came out like an Original Cookie cookie *Whoah, '80's flashback*.