Monday, April 18, 2011

A Survey of some Local Pizza

It's been a while since I've ripped off a multiple pizza review. I had an absolutely cracker of a pizza on Saturday night, but in all fairness it deserves its very own post. Come to think of it, there's another place that puts out a mean pepperoni and sausage, has a pretty good rolling draft selection, and an outdoor patio. I'll save that one for when it gets a little warmer.

This is a sampling of some decent pizzas, but nothing that is going to make any top ten lists.

I have one other thing on my mind. Restaurant Owners: It is now 2011. Get a FREAKING website. I think the last time I looked at a phone book the country's biggest problem was that the Bush twins were drinking underage. (It's been a while.) Seriously, just put a list of how much your stuff costs and your phone number, that's all I need.

Ohio City Pizzeria
OCP (Yeah you know me! Who's down with OCP? Every last homey!) is a neighborhood pizza shop that turns out a typical Cleveland type pizza. The dough is thicker than you find on the east coast. The toppings are consistent with most of what you find around town. There's nothing that really sets them apart. The shop itself is more geared toward carryout than it is for dine in. The staff was friendly (and even a little amusing). I got a five minute explanation as to why they had run out of takeout menus. It was almost like she thought I was going to hit her because they didn't have them. OCP has a heavy hand with the cheese, which can give you the "rabid dog eating a dirty diaper look" as an entire slice worth of cheese drapes itself over your chin. So sexy.

Ohio City Pizzeria
3223 Lorain Ave
Cleveland, OH 44113

(216) 281-5252


Ohio City Pizzeria on Urbanspoon

Pizza BOGO
I had high hopes for this place. Let me just say that the store was ice cold. I'm guessing with the heat lamp they might have neutralized the frigid temperatures in the building. I'll say this: the website is really sharp looking - until you try to use it. When I go to a restaurant's website my primary objective is to look at the menu. That is not any easy thing to do. To see what I mean click here. How many minutes did it take you to figure out what a certain pizza costs?

The pictures of their pizzas make drool slide from the corners of your mouth. Like most things in life though, the pictures lie. Unfortunately I wasn't able to lift off any photos from they're snazzy Flash powered website. I will, however, share with you the picture of my meat lover type pizza. (I tried to find the actual name but got fed up with the website). Let's just say the pictures didn't quite match up. Needless to say, I'd skip this place.

Dude, where's my toppings?

Pizza Bogo
13434 Cedar Road
Cleveland Heights, OH 44118

(216) 371-9700

www.pizzabogo.com
Pizza Bogo on Urbanspoon

Vicinato Pizza and Pasta
I'm going to make this short and sweet - Compola's Tasty Pizza is across the street. Go there and thank me later. I had the white pizza at Vicinato P&P and thought it was very average. It didn't help that I hated the way the guy at the cash register was talking to one of the employees. Move on.

Vicinato Pizza & Pasta
5080 Mayfield Rd
Lyndhurst, OH 44124

(440) 442-9000

Vicinato Pizza & Pasta on Urbanspoon

Scotti's Italian Eatery
Let's end this on a high note. Be forewarned: Scotti's is CASH ONLY!!! With that out of the way, they're serving up pretty good pizza here in Euclid. This smallish restaurant serves it up to the red sauce crowd, and I have to say the place was hopping for a Thursday night in Euclid. A bar welcomes as you walk through the door, with a stout dining area mixed with booths and tables off to your right. The pizza itself had lightness to the crust that made for easy eating. The toppings are for the most part run of the mill, but on the plus side does not run high on the grease scale. I walked away definitely wanting to go back. Unfortunately, I don't find myself in that neck of the woods very often.

Scotti's Italian Eatery
882 E 185th St
Cleveland, OH 44119
(216) 481-8995

Scotti's Italian Eatery on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment